Pages

Tuesday, August 6, 2019

So, youre dealing with a Narcissistic Sociopath. Part 3 - Smear Campaigns


Oh those lovely smear campaigns.....





So you dumped your Narcissist before they discarded you....be prepared for the aftermath.  They are pissed, they are vindictive, and they will retaliate.   If there is anything a Narcissist is good at, it's smear campaigning.  They will tell people you're unstable, alcoholic, a drug user, you're a cheater... you name it.  They will go as far as to tell everyone you've been abusing them.  And most likely they've been doing it for a long time before you ever found out.  Smear campaigns are a common tactic used by narcissists and psychopaths.  Smear campaigning is an intentional, premeditated effort to damage your credibility, reputation, and character They will even tell you they love you and want to work things out, yet all the while smearing you behind your back about what a horrible person you are.

In these situations.  There's nothing you can do but let them run their mouth.  You will never be able to catch up in trying to clear your name because they've been going at it for too long already.  Just hang on to the friends and family that know you and know that how this person is portraying you isn't the real you.  It's going to be hard to block them out, you want to tell them off and even defend yourself, but it would be of no use.   Most likely you be pissed off and act a little crazy about it.  THAT is what gives a Narc ammo and says, "See, he's crazy!  He won't leave me alone!" Never mind they leave out all the juicy parts of a text or email of what the Narc said or did to spark said craziness from you.

This is why you have to go NO CONTACT.   Don't email them, don't respond to texts, don't answer calls.   Don't think about them ever again.  This is how you damage a Narc.  Ignoring them.  Don't dare give them anymore supply.  Toss them aside like the garbage they are.   In the end your Narc or Sociopath is the one that ends up looking like what they really are.....the obsessive psychotic one.


*Reminds me of a time when I found out about my smear campaign.  First it was a facebook message smearing another individual close to me, trying to come off as a warning about what a horrible person they were.  It was to "save" me from making a mistake.  I never responded.  My first thought, butt hurt individual.  Two months later while googling to check the status of my business online,  my name, business, and significant other were tagged in a blog used to smear us.  It had been started the same day as when I received the FB message.   Lie upon lie, upon lie, upon lie.  Was the best piece of fiction, myself and all my friends had ever read.  I gave them all the link for entertainment purposes, of course.  A retired friend actually made it her mission to print every post and place the pages in a very neat black binder for future use or for exposure, if needed.  Got to love friends that have your back.   I opted to not engage with this toxic individual because at this point I knew that I was dealing with a Narcissistic Sociopath.



No comments:

Post a Comment